My mother is a very special lady and I love her so very much. Here is a beautiful description of my mother from Proverbs 31:
Strength and dignity are her clothing,
And she smiles at the future.
She opens her mouth in wisdom,
And the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
She looks well to the ways of her household,
And does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children rise up and and call her blessed;
Her husband also, and he praises her, saying:
“Many daughters have done nobly,
But you excel them all.”
Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain,
But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.
Pion Design: Studio of Memories
Bazzill Smoothies: Walnut Cream
white seam binding
Sometimes, sad things happen and we need to express our heartfelt love and sympathy to our friends and family. This card was made using the Spellbinders Shapeabilities Pendants Fleur De Lis die and was inspired by Eileen at Eileen’s Crafty Zone. I had the privilege of meeting this lovely lady at a past Lili of the Valley-sponsored Master Coloring class in England a year or two ago. Anyway, I kept the card simple with just die-cut card stock and a short sentiment on the front of the card. I’ve included instructions on how to make this card below.
Bazzill Smoothies Walnut Cream cardstock
Spellbinders Shapeabilities Pendants Fleur De Lis die
Spellbinders Classic Squares Large dies
SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS CARD:
1. Fold an 11″ x 5 1/2″ piece of cardstock in half to make your base card. I added a 5 3/8″ x 5 3/8″ cardstock layer to the front, but additional layers are optional.
2. Cut and emboss 9 of the small Spellbinders Shapeabilities Fleur De Lis Pendants
3. Use 3-D pads to attach each of the 9 Pendants onto the front of the card as shown on the card above.
4. Cut and emboss 2 different sizes of Spellbinders Classic Squares Large dies for the center front of the card.
5. Add sentiment to the small square and attach the smaller square to the larger square with 3-D pads. Center and glue the squares to the front of the card.
We’ve all seen these star cards before. I’ve found that family and friends love getting cards that are unique so have decided to post one today. I used the Pazzles software to come up with a WPC cutting file here. Although I’ve included manual instructions below, the Pazzles will cut and score this project perfectly in just a few seconds. I’m enclosing a link here to some videos on the Pazzles Inspiration showing some wonderful capabilities including embossing, writing with the pen tool, engraving, piercing, distressing, and even cake decorating! I am actually very excited as I now have the Pazzles cake decorating kit and I’m going to try it out soon!
EASY MANUAL INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Cut a piece of card stock 12″ x 10 3/8″ and mark the 6″ middle at the top of the card stock along the 12″ side.
2. Cut from the two bottom edges to the center mark to form a triangle.
3. Each side of your triangle measures 12″. Mark the 6″ center on each side of the triangle.
4. Score from each of these points to the other side as shown below.
5. Measure 2″ on either side of the the center 6″ points and mark.
6. Score side to side from these marks
7. Fold along scored lines to form your star. Tuck one corner in to complete the project.
MATERIALS USED FOR THIS PROJECT:
Pion Design Fairytale of Spring – Tulip Bud PD1403
Pion Design Fairytale of Spring – Image Sheet PD 1410
Bazzill Smoothies Walnut Cream Cardstock
Spellbinders Nestabilities – Floral Ovals
Marianne Design Creatables – LR0116
Ivory lace, pearls